Year 3 of the Covid Era – 2022 – held great promise with 3 Antarctica trips planned, including one in commemoration of the 100th anniversary of Ernest Shackleton’s death. Unfortunately, despite all our precautions including vaccination requirements and multiple Covid tests pre-trip and pre-boarding the ship, Omicron managed to foil our plans. Mid-way through our first expedition earlier this month, Oceanwide Expeditions made the responsible decision to turn the ship around after multiple positive Covid tests resulted in quarantine for some and a dramatically reduced program for the rest of the group. Rather than push it and deliver a less than optimal experience, Oceanwide made the decision to cancel the rest of the Antarctic season. As difficult as it was, as much as we wanted to get back to the ice, we support their decision to operate only the best quality program.
- March 5 – 13, 2022 on the Nautilus Belle Amie! Price starting at $4275 USD for a stateroom berth including all taxes and park fees. Only 10 total spots! Contacts us for details!
- April 30 – May 8, 2022 on the Nautilus Belle Amie with 17 total spots and pricing starting at $3950 USD for a triple berth. Contact us for details! We don’t expect these spots to last for very long nor will they be listed on our website so please contact us as soon as possible to reserve your spot!
We are also hopeful that Tasmania will happen this year as Australia has indicated it will shortly roll back a temporary hold on visas that had been implemented in response to Omicron. If that occurs soon, we are considering adding a second Tasmania trip into the mix during the dates of March 25 – April 4th. As these trips only have a maximum of 12 total spots, please let us know if you are interested in that possibility. We will make a final decision in mid-February.
Other countries are also moving forward with reopening plans with Philippines and Indonesia making the leap forward. And EU has streamlined their entry requirements by eliminating pre-arrival Covid tests for vaccinated travelers. Things are moving forward…we promise!
And don’t forget all the other possibilities in 2022:
- NEW! March 5 – 13: Socorro Islands on the Nautilus Belle Amie with mantas, dolphins, and whales oh my! 2 spots remaining
- April 4 – 14: Tasmania. Full though accepting waitlist for those interested if we add a second trip.
- NEW! April 30 – May 8: Socorro Islands on the Nautilus Belle Amie. 12 spots remaining
- May 9 – 18: Kalimaya resort in Indonesia. A women’s only trip to benefit the Women Divers Hall of Fame Scholarship and Internship Fund. Full but accepting waitlist
- June 4 – 11: Mobula Aggregation and Orcas in the Sea of Cortez. 6 spots remaining
- July 1 – 12: Raja Ampat to Lembeh transition trip. Sold out but accepting waitlist.
- July 11 – 24: Lembeh and Derawan Islands. 5 spots remaining
- August 19 – 29: Spitsbergen and Kvitoya. Sold out but accepting waitlist
- Sept 17 – 29: Brazil exploring Recife and Fernando da Noronha. 6 spots remaining
- Oct 14 – 24 and Oct 24 – Nov 3: Exploring the length of the Sea of Cortez on the Gallant Lady. Spots on both trips!
With all this going on, 2022 will be gone before we know it….and wait until you see the 2023 we have in store for you! Keep an eye on the website for LOTS of new trips and exclusive adventures coming up!
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT FAITH AND PAUL AT:
1-619-405-2493 / 1-619-997-5323
Or check out the latest on our website at