Trip dates: February 20 - March 4, 2024
- Water temperature: <32F
- Air temperature: 30-45F
- Depths to 80 feet
- Cold water with good to great visibility
- Wildlife interactions
- Zodiac tours
Your All-Inclusive Trip Includes:
- Accommodations aboard the m/v Ortelius, part of the Oceanwide Expeditions polar ﬂeet.
- All meals aboard the ship.
- 1-2 dives a day including tanks and weights.
- As this will be a citizen science-oriented trip, the ship will have extra staﬀ on board to ensure a great experience.
- The Expedition will be led by Faith Ortins and other polar diving experts.
- Photography, historical, ecological, and scientific presentations.
- Hotel stay in Ushuaia, Argentina on February 20, 2022 – the night before the ship leaves. It is important to get there early in case luggage gets delayed.
- Your dive certification cards
- Proof of dive insurance
- You must be a certified drysuit diver with a drysuit
- Cold water exposure protection
- Cold water diving experience
- You must have a minimum of 50 drysuit dives, 20 in cold water.
- All your own diving gear. Tanks and weights will be provided.
- The diving configuration requires 2 DIN first stages, each with a cold-water second stage.
- A spirit of adventure
- There are a variety of cabins on the m/v Ortelius, part of the Oceanwide Expeditions polar ﬂeet, and the trip price is dependent on the cabin selected.
- The hotel in Ushuaia is based upon double occupancy
- All pricing is quoted in US Dollars
- Pricing is per person, is based on the class of cabin selected, and is based on double occupancy unless otherwise noted
Given the advanced nature of this expedition all divers must be approved by Blue Green Expeditions before a reservation for this expedition will be confirmed. Once a diver submits a booking request for this expedition the request will be reviewed by Blue Green Expedition staff. If approved, an email will be sent informing that a deposit payment is now due with a link to the payment site. The deposit must be paid within 30 calendar days, or the reservation will be subject to cancellation. The approval email will contain a button which permits future incremental payments.
- Extra hotel nights if required for flight schedules
- Fuel surcharges
- Alcohol and on board any beverage other than coffee and tea
- Transfers to the airport in Ushuaia to and the host hotel
- Gratuities, laundry, and other personal expenses
- Dive and travel insurance are required
- Trip insurance is highly recommended
- Any required Covid 19 tests / Covid insurance
The cabin-based pricing is per person, based on double occupancy unless otherwise noted. At the time of booking, you will be asked to select a cabin type. Your final price is based upon your cabin selection.
Quad Occupancy (based on 4 people)
- A nonrefundable deposit of $2,000 USD per person is due upon booking
- At the time of booking, you will be asked to select a cabin type
- A 2nd payment of $2,000 USD per person is due August 1, 2022
- A 3rd payment of $3,000 USD per person is due June 1, 2023
- The remaining balance is due October 15, 2023
- Aerial and submersible drones are not approved for this expedition
- Rebreathers are not approved for this expedition
- Nitrox and argon are not available for this expedition